Motorized Platform Carts
Motorized platform carts are some of the most versatile material handling solutions for incorporating ergonomics in the workplace. Flatbed electric carts can be implemented on the retail floor, in the warehouse or machine shop, or even the clinic. Anywhere heavy boxes, materials, and equipment need transporting, electric platform carts can get the job done more safely and efficiently.
- Increases efficiency in a workspace
- Protects employees from musculoskeletal injuries caused by unmitigated push/pull forces
- Easy maneuverability in tight spaces
- Wide range of payload capacities, standard up to 4,000 pounds, customs up to 40,000 pounds
- Customizable for specialized materials and/or environments, with options fabricated from stainless steel and aluminum up to an ingress rating of IP66
Looking for a Custom Solution?
For unconventional applications where a standard industrial electric cart will not work, Electro Kinetic Technologies specializes in custom motorized platform carts and trailers. Our team of engineers will work with you to design and manufacture the product that fits your exact requirements and within your budget. To see some samples of our work, visit our custom gallery.
A short list of customization options for heavy duty material handling carts:
- Payloads up to 40,000 pounds
- Extra-large electric platform cart sizes with side mounted or wireless controls
- Multiple user control options including pendant, dual controls and wireless
- Stainless steel and aluminum frames
- Customer branding, color, logo, labeling and operator manuals
- Automatic retractable drives, enabling a motorized utility cart to become a towable trailer
- Collision detect systems for monitoring obstacles that violate the safe zone of travel
- On board scales for weighing to ensure that the payload of the cart is not exceeded
- Dual, independent center wheel drive systems for heavy payloads that require a higher level of maneuverability
- Magnetic sensor docking system
- Converters for powering off board customer equipment
- Lithium iron phosphate battery technology
If you’re still not sure what kind of motorized solutions will best address your transport problem, click the link here to learn more about our engineering services. Additionally, our Ask An Engineer portal is always here for you, should you prefer to contact one of our engineers directly via email, with the option to upload photos of your equipment and/or work environment. Whether or not an industrial electric cart is the best ergonomic solution for your needs, an Electro Kinetic Technologies engineer will guide you in the right direction.