Linen & Laundry
Motorized linen, laundry, and security carts and tuggers are versatile solutions for incorporating ergonomics and reducing injuries in the workplace. Self-propelled linen and laundry carts and electric tuggers can be implemented in hospitals, clinics, resorts, or hotels. Anywhere large loads of bed linens, towels, and laundry need transporting, electric linen and laundry carts or tuggers can get the job done more safely and efficiently.
For applications where additional security is desired, motorized linen carts can be outfitted with lockable shelving and cabinets to protect supplies.
- Motorized solutions protect employees from musculoskeletal injuries caused by pushing and pulling manual carts
- Battery-powered carts and tugs for smooth, quiet operation
- Increases efficiency in a workspace
- Variable speed control with hi/low speed setting for precise control
For unconventional applications where a standard linen or laundry cart will not work, Electro Kinetic Technologies specializes in custom motorized carts solutions.
A short list of customization options we have done on motorized carts include:
- Extra-large electric platform cart sizes with side mounted or wireless controls
- Multiple user control options including pendant, dual controls and wireless
- Stainless steel and aluminum frames
- Customer branding, color, logo, labeling and operator manuals
- Automatic retractable drives, enabling a motorized utility cart to become a towable trailer
- Collision detect systems for monitoring obstacles that violate the safe zone of travel
- On board scales for weighing to ensure that the payload of the cart is not exceeded
- Dual, independent center wheel drive systems for heavy payloads that require a higher level of maneuverability
- Magnetic sensor docking system
- Converters for powering off board customer equipment
- Lithium iron phosphate battery technology
Application Engineering Services
If you’re still not sure what kind of custom motorized linen cart will best address your transport problem, click the link here to learn more about our engineering services. Additionally, our Ask An Engineer portal is always here for you, should you prefer to contact one of our engineers directly via email, with the option to upload photos of your equipment and/or work environment. Whether or not an industrial electric cart is the best ergonomic solution for your needs, an Electro Kinetic Technologies engineer will guide you in the right direction.