Motorized carts are some of the most versatile material handling solutions for incorporating ergonomics in an industrial manufacturing workplace. Traditional flatbed motorized carts can also be implemented on the retail floor, in the warehouse or machine shop, or even the clinic. Anywhere heavy boxes, materials, and equipment need transporting, motorized carts can get the job done more safely and efficiently.
Motorized carts are also uniquely versatile. Our engineers utilize a variety of custom and standard equipment to develop ergonomic die carts, platform carts, long deck carts, transfer carts, scissor lift carts, utility carts, and even gas cylinder carts.
Industrial manufacturing is a diverse industry. At Electro Kinetic Technologies, we listen to our customers, fully investigate the application, and develop the safest, most efficient solution for the customer. Whether your need requires a motorized cart or something different, our team is here to guide you to the best solution for your operation.
- Increase efficiency in even the most heavy industrial workspaces
- Protect employees from musculoskeletal injuries caused by unmitigated push/pull forces
- Provide easy maneuverability in tight spaces
- Have a wide range of payload capacities: standard up to 4,000 pounds, customs up to 40,000 pounds
- Are customizable for specialized materials and/or environments, with options fabricated from stainless steel and aluminum up to an ingress rating of IP66
- Come in a wide range of motorized cart design options, including platform carts, long deck carts, transfer carts, scissor lift carts, die carts, utility carts, and gas cylinder carts
Looking for a Custom Motorized Cart?
For unconventional applications where a standard industrial motorized cart will not work, Electro Kinetic Technologies specializes in custom motorized carts and trailers. Our team of engineers will work with you to design and manufacture the product that fits your exact requirements and within your budget. To see some samples of our work, visit our custom cart gallery.
A short list of customization options for heavy duty motorized material handling carts:
- Payloads up to 40,000 pounds
- Extra-large electric flatbed cart sizes with side mounted or wireless controls
- Multiple user control options including pendant, dual controls and wireless
- Stainless steel and aluminum frames
- Customer branding, color, logo, labeling and operator manuals
- Automatic retractable drives, enabling a motorized cart to become a towable trailer
- Collision detect systems for monitoring obstacles that violate the safe zone of travel
- On-board scales for weighing to ensure that the payload of the motorized cart is not exceeded
- Dual, independent center wheel drive systems for heavy payloads that require a higher level of maneuverability
- Magnetic sensor docking system
- Converters for powering off board customer equipment
- Lithium iron phosphate battery technology
If you’re still not sure what kind of motorized solutions will best address your transport problem, click the link here to learn more about our engineering services. Additionally, our Ask An Engineer portal is always here for you, should you prefer to contact one of our engineers directly via email, with the option to upload photos of your equipment and/or work environment. Whether or not an industrial electric cart is the best ergonomic solution for your needs, an Electro Kinetic Technologies engineer will guide you in the right direction.