Medium Capacity Electric Tuggers – Linen and Laundry
The Pony Express Medium Capacity Electric Tuggers are designed to safely handle loaded linen and laundry carts ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 pounds.
The physics of electric tuggers is best described as a towing vehicle, let’s say an SUV, that hitches up to an independent trailer. The trailer itself isn’t motorized – it’s the electric tugger that powers and directs the trailer. The convenient aspect of tuggers is their ability to hitch up to multiple manual linen and laundry carts and move them wherever needed. For less constricted facilities with multiple manual carts to move, electric tuggers can be an excellent cost-effective solution.
|Model #||Capacity (lbs.)||Size||Standard Battery Pack||Drive|
|1062||2000||25” long x 24” wide||Dual/Quad||0.6 HP|
|1065||5000||25” long x 24” wide||Quad||1.6 HP|
Medium Capacity Electric Tuggers eliminate injuries to staff caused by the excessive push/pull forces that result from manually moving laundry and linen carts. The tugger features a heavy duty powder coated steel welded frame, deep cycle AGM rechargeable batteries, on board UL, cUL listed 120/240 VAC battery charger, foam filled never flat drive tires, and solid state regenerative braking and holding brake to maintain position on inclines. With these features, linen and laundry tuggers can easily and safely maneuver linen and laundry supplies and materials across hospitals, resort grounds, or other facilities.
Unique ergonomic handle design also adjusts to a wide range of user heights. Award winning control design (rain-proof IP-54 rated), provides the user with variable speed forward and reverse control from 0 to 3 miles per hour in fast mode or 0 to 1.5 miles per hour in slow mode, power on/off switch, color battery charge level indicator, automatic sleep mode to conserve battery power when not in use, emergency stop button, and horn.
Additionally, the front mounting plate accommodates a wide range of standard and custom hitches for pulling manual linen and laundry carts.
- Electrical: 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Variable Speed Range: 0-3 MPH (0-4.8 km/hr.), forward & reverse
- User Control Ingress Rating: IP54
- Emergency belly button stop switch
- Dead man operation. Unit comes to a controlled stop when operator removes hands from controls
- Automatic holding brake prevents cart from moving on inclines when parked
- Large portfolio of standard hitches with customs available
- Award winning ergonomic user control
- Ergonomic handle design with thumb wheel controls
- Pallet jack style handle can be adjusted to fit comfort zone of operator
- Deep cycle AGM batteries provide over 2 times the life of standard AGM batteries
- Automatic sleep mode, conserves battery power when not in use
- Non-marking maintenance free tires standard. Customs Available
- Hi/low speed switch
- UL/cUL, CE listed on board smart charging system
- Illuminated battery charge indicator to monitor state of charge on batteries
- Welded frame construction with powder coat paint
- Up to 8 hours of operation on a single charge
- Service multiple non-motorized linen and laundry carts with a single tug, moving each one when needed
- Move a train of linen and laundry carts
- Increase efficiency in a workspace
- Protect employees from musculoskeletal injuries caused by unmitigated push/pull forces
See our linen & laundry tuggers in action, plus some standard accessories.
Application Engineering Services
If you’re still not sure what kind of custom solutions will best address your transport problem, click the link here to learn more about our engineering services. Additionally, our Ask An Engineer portal is always here for you, should you prefer to contact one of our engineers directly via email, with the option to upload photos of you equipment and/or work environment. Whether or not an electric tugger is the best ergonomic solution for your needs, an Electro Kinetic Technologies engineer will guide you in the right direction.