Long Deck Carts
When working with lengthy material, Motorized Long Deck Carts are excellent alternative to fork lifts transporting wide loads, or cranes with heavy overhead loads. Whether you’re moving bar stock, piping, extrusions, angles or panels, long loads are always a challenge. Motorized Long Deck Carts are designed to solve the logistical problems of transporting and containing lengthy materials. With the ability to pivot around the center of the cart, Long Deck Carts provide the additional maneuverability required to navigate the load through the path to its next destination.
Motorized Long Deck Cart Features and Solutions
Motorized Long Deck Carts are custom units based on standard designs for optimal cost efficiency. Key parameters are as follows, with varying levels of customization available for each.
- Deck size
- Deck superstructure required to keep the load in place or to allow for straps or forks to pass under the load
- Hand controls mounting location
Tips & Considerations
The handlebar and hand controls are typically mounted off to one side or the other of a long deck cart, which allows the load to overhang on both ends. In some cases, it can be useful to have hand controls on both ends of a Motorized Long Deck Cart, particularly if there is no accessible turn-around area.
Additional Custom Features
- Payloads up to 40,000 pounds
- Side mounted or wireless controls
- Multiple user control options including pendant, dual controls and wireless
- Stainless steel and aluminum frames
- Customer branding, color, logo, labeling and operator manuals
- Automatic retractable drives, enabling a motorized utility cart to become a towable trailer
- Collision detect systems for monitoring obstacles that violate the safe zone of travel
- On board scales for weighing to ensure that the payload of the cart is not exceeded
- Dual, independent center wheel drive systems for heavy payloads that require a higher level of maneuverability
- Magnetic sensor docking system
- Converters for powering off board customer equipment
- Lithium iron phosphate battery technology