Long Deck Carts
When working with lengthy material, Motorized Long Deck Carts are an excellent alternative to forklifts transporting wide loads, or cranes with heavy overhead loads. Whether you’re moving bar stock, piping, extrusions, angles or panels, long loads are always a challenge. Motorized Long Deck Carts are designed to solve the logistical problems of transporting and containing lengthy materials. With the ability to pivot around the center of the cart, Long Deck Carts provide the additional maneuverability required to navigate the load through the path to its next destination.
Motorized Long Deck Cart Features and Solutions
Motorized Long Deck Carts are custom units based on standard designs for optimal cost efficiency. Key parameters are as follows, with varying levels of customization available for each.
- Capacities up to 5,000 pounds, higher with dual drive systems.
- Deck size. Typical lengths have been 12 to 18 feet. How big do you need to go?
- Hand control. Left side, right side, front, back or dual. You get to choose.
- Welded frames.
Tips & Considerations
The handlebar and hand controls are typically mounted off to one side or the other of a long deck cart, which allows the load to overhang on both ends. In some cases, it can be useful to have hand controls on both ends of a Motorized Long Deck Cart, particularly if there is no accessible turn-around area.
Additional Custom Possibilities
- Powered or non-powered mounted conveyors
- Custom cradles to support large diameter loads
- Shelving units
- Removable posts or rails for holding materials on top of platform
- Plate steel, wood, or diamond steel tops
- Pre-drilled tops to your dimensions
- Finishes for harsh environments
- Stainless steel frames
- Custom colors including matched to your specific requirements