Motorized Tool Carts help maintenance personnel and tradespeople safely transport the tools they need, wherever they need them. Self-propelled tool carts are especially helpful in larger facilities and campuses. When the job calls for pulling and pushing heavy tools and equipment, an investment in self-propelled carts and other ergonomic material handling solutions assures that you are implementing a safe and efficient solution for transport.
Motorized Tool Cart Build Options
- Remove existing casters from a manual tools cart, and mount it onto an EKT Motorized Platform Cart of suitable size.
- Mount a tool cabinet or workbench onto a Motorized Platform Cart.
- Motorize a manual tool cart with an EKT Retrofit Kit.
Helpful Tips & Considerations
When considering a motorized cart, please note the following:
- Customers may wish to use a cart larger than the tool chest in order to leave room for other job necessities.
- The deck height to which a tool cabinet is mounted is about 12” above the floor. This typically raises the overall level of the cabinet by a few inches compared to the height on casters alone.
Motorized Tool Cart Customization Options:
- Scalable payload capacity
- Side mounted or wireless controls
- Longer decks to accommodate tool chests of varying sizes
- Multiple user control options including pendant, dual controls and wireless
- Stainless steel and aluminum frames
- Customer branding, color, logo, labeling and operator manuals
- Automatic retractable drives, enabling a motorized utility cart to become a towable trailer
- Collision detect systems for monitoring obstacles that violate the safe zone of travel
- Dual, independent center wheel drive systems for heavy payloads that require a higher level of maneuverability
- Converters for powering off board customer equipment
- Lithium iron phosphate battery technology